Why are you training at The Pit? To get in shape? To learn self defense? To gain confidence?
These are great reasons, yet won't be enough to sustain you when your sore, tired, and life gets in the way.
That's why we've devised a new program here that we call:
Smash Your Goals
This is how Smash Your Goals works:
- With a Pit instructor, come up with a goal.
- It must be objective, tangible, and/or quantifiable.
- You and your instructor come up with a game plan on how to achieve that goal.
- Your write your goal and date on one side of a pine wood board.
- On the back, you write your name.
- Your instructor then affixes your board on the wall.
- Only your goal is visible.
- Your identity is kept secret until you accomplish the goal.
- Once you accomplish your goal, your instructor holds your board and you BREAK IT WITH YOUR KNUCKLES.
- You are free to keep your broken board....and come up with another goal to train and stay motivated for!
Why? There are two mentalities behind goal setting. Make it public or keep it secret.
If you keep it secret, you won't have the accountability of others supporting you. If you make your goal public, you risk not completing it due to the instant positive gratification of social reality.
Smash Your Goals bridges that gap. It gives accountability to the only person that matters...your instructor who will help you get there. It is still secret (for the most part) so you don't feel like you've already accomplished it, and quit early. Not to mention, walking past your board on the wall everyday should drive you nuts to accomplish it!
Finally, it's cool breaking things. Yes, they're only 1 inch pine boards. Yes, you have to use your knuckles. It smarts a little, but makes it that much more satisfying....c'mon you're tough :)
Talk to one of your Pit Instructors if you'd like to come up with a Smash Your Goal - it's FREE for Pit Monsters!
Any non Pit Monsters that want to take on the challenge you can try our Smash Your Goals Special!