The Pit Vegas was founded in 2011 by John "The Pit Master" Hackleman and headed up by Pit 3rd Degree Blackbelt Eric Umali. In it's five year existence, Kumu Eric was able to foster the spirit of The Pit Ohana, and helped many people reach their goals.
After The Pit Vegas was no more, Eric, JC Rosero, and Shawn Maher partnered up to continue promoting the spirit of The Pit Ohana in Southern Nevada Henderson area by providing mixed martial arts classes for kids and adults in a family friendly environment. This new venture is called The Pit 702.
We are dedicated to having all members improve their fitness, learn effective self defense, and/or participate in various competitions of their choosing.
What makes The Pit 702 unique?
- A structured, effective striking and grappling curriculum that work together cohesively
- Emphasis on physical fitness above all else, for both children and adults
- A safe and nurturing family environment
- Classes for all goals and fitness levels, spanning ages 4 and up
- Unique events and programs that cater to all students and goals
- Accountability attendance check ins and statistics
- Emphasizing values of discipline and respect but within a progressive, energetic class setting